This 30-minute chicken piccata rice skillet is the perfect one-pot meal. It’s quick, tasty, and best of all, totally uncomplicated.
My summer has been crazy busy since I’ve decided to babysit my sister’s kids. Now I’m caring my two plus three more and I’m barely getting things done around the house. And since we don’t have the luxury of eating out often, I have to power through each night to get dinner on the table. The goal is always quick, uncomplicated, and tasty. This 30-minute chicken piccata rice skillet is the perfect one-pot meal. It’s quick, tasty, and uncomplicated. So when I was offered the opportunity to test out Uncle Ben’s Flavor Infusion Rice, I was stoked to discover that it cooks in just 10 minutes. I’ve been doing a lot of one pot and sheet pan meals so I knew exactly what I would use the rice for.
The best part is that the Uncle Ben’s Flavor Infusion Rice comes preseasoned. I used the Chicken and Herb in this dish and it reduced the amount of salt I would typically use. It also absorbed the other flavors of the dish while retaining its own. I recommend trying this recipe with the Uncle Ben’s Flavor Infusion Chicken and Herb Rice but it can be made with plain rice and chicken stock, it’s up to you.
Don’t forget to Pin, Yum, and rate this recipe!
- 4 4 oz chicken breasts
- 1 c Uncle Ben's Chicken and Herb Rice
- 1/2 c onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 c white wine
- 1 c water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pound the chicken breast until evenly flat.
- In a shallow dish mix flour, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. About 2-3 min each side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- To the skillet add remaining butter, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 3 min until onion softens.
- Add rice and stir until evenly coated by oil.
- Add white wine, lemon juice, capers, and water; stir well.
- Add chicken back to pan and cover for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; garnish with fresh parsley.