Crunchy toasted granola coated with cinnamon and honey with loads of blueberry, coconut, and almonds. An excellent topping for yogurt, to eat as cold cereal, or overnight oats!
Granola is one of those defiant foods that refuses to be labeled as just one thing. It’s great for snacking yes, but it can also be turned into different breakfast choices as well. Granola itself can be made anyway that a person chooses, making it that ultimate iconoclastic food. I jest of course but I do appreciate its versatility. My blueberry coconut almond granola is just one of endless flavor combinations.
Anyone wanting to personalize a batch of the crunchy stuff only needs to know the base recipe. Once that’s achieved there’s no limitation to what goes in it or how you eat it. I like to munch on it by the handful. My husband loves it with cold almond milk. It can also be made into a seriously delicious overnight oats situation.
Don’t forget to Pin, Yum, and rate this recipe!
- 3 c quick oats
- 1 1/2 c dried blueberries
- 1 c coconut shreds corresponding
- 1 c almond sliced
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add oats, coconut, almonds, salt, sugar, and cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix together honey, canola oil, and almond extract
- Pour honey wet mixture over dry and blend well
- Spread coated oats evenly onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes and scrape loose for the pan
- Add blueberries or any dried fruit you desire
- Store in an airtight container