Crispy chicken spring rolls with cool creamy cilantro yogurt dipping sauce is a filling appetizer fit for small plate gatherings or main entree.
This recipe is basically a copycat of the Cheesecake Factory’s chicken samosa and cilantro dipping sauce. It’s one of my favorite items on the menu and I assure you that these bad boys are contenders. These crispy chicken spring rolls are full of flavor on their own but the cilantro yogurt dipping sauce adds a creaminess that only adds to the experience.
The type of dough wrappers you want to use for this recipe is called lumpia shells. You will most likely find them easily at an Asian market but if you have a really good grocery store that has an extensive ethnic/international food selection you should be good.
And the yogurt dip is as easy as pulsing a food processor 6 or 7 times. Everything goes into the bowl at once and out comes creamy yumminess!
Don’t forget to Pin, Yum, and rate this recipe!
- 3/4 lb chicken breast (boneless skinless) minced
- 20 spring roll wrappers
- 1/2 c onion finely diced
- 1 large jalapeno
- 2 tbsp cilantro minced
- 2 tbsp canola oil plus more for frying
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- 1 c greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 c cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Chop chicken breasts into 2-inch chunks and toss with salt. Add salted chicken to a food processor and pulse several times until the meat is reduced to fine bits*
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add canola oil, chicken, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, and garlic powder; cook thoroughly
- Turn off heat and allow to cool for a few minutes; prepare the sauce during this time
- Add yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and cumin to a clean food processor bowl and pulse until cilantro leaves have been fully blended
Preparing the Spring Rolls
- To roll spring rolls, follow the directions on the package or allow this little cutie to teach you how it's done
- In a heavy bottom skillet, heat frying oil to 300-325 degrees
- Fry 3-4 prepared rolls into the hot oil and brown on all sides, about 1-2 minutes