Make these wonderfully fluffy Perfect Cheesy Scrambled Eggs with controlled heat and the right amount of butter.
There is not way to make scrambled eggs the wrong way; it’s really about preference. My preference is soft scrambled with cheese. These Cheesy Scrambled Eggs are fluffy, creamy, and just flat-out delicious.
What you will need to make Cheesy Scramble Eggs
This recipe adds the shredded cheese and salt into the eggs before cooking. Some people believe that adding salt to your eggs before cooking will toughen them or make them watery. Not true at all. The difference in my recipe is that I use very low heat and a good amount of butter at the right time.
How to make Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
Beat the eggs in a small bowl until frothy and pale. Add salt, pepper, and cheese.
To a skillet, add half of the butter and set the flame to low. Pour the egg mixture into the melted butter. Allow the eggs to firm up on the edges slightly before stirring and scraping the eggs to the center of the pan.
Once the down the eggs are partially firm, add the remaking butter. Continue scraping and folding the eggs to the center of the pan.
Be sure to stir and flip the eggs as you push them to the center. Remove the pan from the heat once the desired firmness is achieved. Serve immediately.
Helpful tips for making perfect cheesy scrambled eggs
- Low, slow, and steady is the key. The secret to the perfect scrambled egg is the low heat and butter.
- You can choose how soft or firm you want your eggs at this point. Just keep an eye on the the edges to avoid scorching the cheese and eggs.
Recipes to serve with cheesy scrambled eggs
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
I’ve changed the ingredient amounts in this recipe slightly. The taste and technique are unchanged.
***Originally posted on 10/17/2018. Updated 6/24/2020.***
Perfect Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2-1 oz mild cheddar shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crack eggs in a small mixing bowl and whisk until the yolks and whites are combined and no large streaks of each either is present. Beat in the salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Slowly melt half a tablespoon of butter in a pan over low heat and add whisked eggs. Using a rubber spatula begin to push eggs towards the center of the pan.
- Keep eggs moving towards the center from all sides. Flip and fold as necessary. Halfway through cooking, add the remaining butter. Allow eggs to firm up to desired consistency. Remove from pan immediately.