This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #McCormickONE
One skillet is all that you need to make this Mexican chicken lasagna recipe tonight. This yummy one-pot meal makes homemade easy.
Mexican chicken lasagna is a creamy zesty spin on a spin of an Italian favorite. We’re taking classic lasagna and revamping it not only into a Southwest masterpiece but also into a one-pot wonder. To do so, I teamed up with McCormick® to help introduce McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mixes. McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mixes uses McCormick® spices to create quick meals for busy families. All done, in one!
Home Cooking for the Busy Family
Getting a home-cooked meal on the dinner table can be a massive feat at times. McCormick® ONE seasoning mixes help to take the guesswork out of meal planning by combining spices into sensational flavor combinations with meal suggestions saving you effort and time.
The McCormick® ONE single-use seasoning collection has nine (9) spice blends to flavor everything from beef to chicken, seafood to pork. They are made without artificial flavor or MSG, perfect for the conscious consumer committed to cooking at home. You can purchase your choice of seasoning mix from Giant in the baking & spice aisle. Check the McCormick® ONE webpage to search stores in your area HERE.
More Time-Saving Tips for Homemade Meals
Besides using McCormick® ONE Seasoning Mix, there are a few things that you can do to cut down on the prep work. The first thing is to use frozen vegetables. Frozen veggies like onions and peppers make kitchen life better. No cutting equals less fuss. The same is true for jarred minced garlic. And the final tip is to use boneless and small cuts of meat. So pounded/thin slices of chicken or pork will cook quicker and is easier to season. This recipe uses all three of these time savers.
One-Pot Mexican Chicken Lasagna
For this recipe, I chose the McCormick® ONE Southwest Chicken & Vegetable seasoning mix. What I like about this blend is that it has all of the spices I would use to season this dish in one packet. You don’t have to add anything else.
Unlike most Mexican lasagna recipes, I’m using mafalda noodles instead of tortillas or lasagna sheets. I like that they are super cute and that they cook quickly in a small amount of water. Using my cast-iron skillet I’m adding three cups of dry mafalda noodles and about 4 cups of water over medium heat until done. Drain and set aside.
To the skillet add the canola oil followed by the onions and peppers. Sauté for 2-4 minutes then add the garlic, minced chicken thighs, and half of the McCormick® ONE seasoning; cook thoroughly.
Next add the other half of the seasoning, tomato paste, and chicken stock; stir well. Add the black beans and let it simmer. Pour in the pasta noodles and coat well.
Top it with Colby Jack cheese and cover to melt. To serve, sprinkle with scallions, diced tomato, and sour cream. I promise this quick and easy meal is delicious and so satisfying!
- 1 lb chicken thighs finely chopped
- 3 c mafalda noodles uncooked
- 1 c chicken stock
- 8 oz Colby Jack cheese
- 14 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c green peppers diced
- 1/2 c yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 pk McCormick® ONE Southwest seasoning
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 plum tomato diced
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1 c sour cream
- Using a skillet add 3 cups of dry mafalda noodles and about 4 cups of water over medium heat until done. Drain and set aside.
- To the skillet add the olive oil followed by the onions and peppers. Sauté for 2-4 minutes then add the garlic, minced chicken thighs, and half of the McCormick® ONE seasoning; cook thoroughly. Should take about 6-8 minutes; more if needed.
- Next add the other half of the seasoning, tomato paste, and chicken stock; stir well. Add the black beans and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Pour in the pasta noodles and coat well.
- Top it with Colby Jack cheese and cover for 2-3 minutes to melt. To serve, sprinkle with scallions, diced tomato, and sour cream as desired.