This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
This post has been sponsored by McCormick®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Top Round Roast recipe uses the reverse sear method for a tender juicy oven roast. Served with sheet pan vegetables and delicious brown gravy.
Preparing an oven roast can be time consuming and often a bit difficult for some cooks. This recipe uses a fail-proof method that a cook at any level can master. The roast is tender, juicy, and cooks comparatively faster than other recipes for oven roasts.
I’m sharing my recipe for shared everyday moments during the holiday season with a too-easy-to-be-this-good Reveres Sear London Broil with sheet pan veggies and delicious brown gravy using McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix. McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix is my secret weapon for easy holiday cooking. It’s the perfect finish to this elegant shortcut meal.
I found everything that I needed for this meal, including McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix, at my local GIANT Landover. The convenience of the store layout makes finding everything that I need a breeze. All of the produce is right at the entrance, so I’m not wasting time running from place to place looking for similar items. I also love that the butcher is available to answer questions whenever I need a quick answer.
Use McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix for polished ease
McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix is an excellent gravy choice on any dinner menu. This thick and savory gravy is made with a blend of spices, seasonings, and starch; creating a deliciously smooth consistency. The added benefit, it only takes 5 minutes to make. It’s the perfect pairing for this speedy tender roast. Shop now at your local store!
Top round roast ingredients and equipment
Top round London broil roast
McCormick® Black peppercorns
McCormick® Sea salt
McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix
Roasting pan with rack- Using a roasting pan and wire keeps air circulating around the whole roast.
Season the top round roast generously with coarse salt and black pepper.
Place the wire rack in the center of the roasting pan then place the roast on it. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 130-135°F. After the roasting time, carefully remove the roast from the oven and brush both sides with olive oil. Broil for 2-3 minutes per side to crisp. Immediately transfer the roast to a cutting board.
Cut against the grain
Cutting beef against the grain means cutting across the fibers of the meat instead of with the fibers. If you look closely at the cut of beef you will notice that the inside lines run up and down (the grain).
We are going to cut across or against (the opposite direction) those grains relatively thinly with a very sharp knife.
Quick roasted vegetables
Arrange the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic on a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes in a preheated 450°F oven.
Recipes to serve with London broil
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Top Round Roast with Brown Gravy
Top Round Roast
- 3 lb. top round London broil roast
- 1 tbsp McCormick® Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 1/2 tbsp McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- Olive oil
- 2 pk McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 c water
- 8 oz white mushrooms halved
- 2 c baby carrots steamed
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 yellow onion sliced into rounds
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Season the top round roast liberally with sea salt and crushed peppercorns.
- Place the wire rack in the center of the roasting pan then place the roast on it. Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 130-135°F.
- Carefully remove the roast from the oven and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Broil for 2-3 minutes per side to crisp then transfer it to a cutting board.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F to preheat. Meanwhile, arrange the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix by whisking 2 cups of water with 2 packets of gravy in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring frequently. Once the gravy comes to a boil, reduce the heat and to low and simmer for 1 minute.
- Slice the roast and serve with the roasted vegetables and gravy.