Put those pantry spices to good use with this All-Purpose Seasoning Blend. It adds exceptional flavor to any dish from meats to vegetables.
This All-Purpose Seasoning Blend will add so much flavor to your recipes. I use this blend for dishes like my Buttermilk Fried Chicken and Smoked Turkey Collard Greens. It can be used to enhance. the flavor of any savory dish.
What goes into all-purpose seasoning
Chicken bouillon cube
Spice grinder or mortar and pestle
Glass jar with lid (affil link)
How to use all-purpose seasoning
This recipe can be used to replace store-bough seasoning salt or to jazz up a recipe using just salt and a few common spices.It makes about one half cup of seasoning. That’s approximately 8-tablespoons or 24-teaspoons of spice mixture. Use equal amounts of this all purpose seasoning to replace the salt the recipe calls for.
Recipes to try out this spice blend
The best method for making diy seasoning blend
The best method for blending spices is to run them through an electric spice grinder or pound in a mortar and pestle. I find that my Nutribullet (affil link) does the job perfectly. By crushing the spices together, you create a cohesive blend with a consistent taste. Especially if you are fond of large salt crystals such as kosher or sea salt.
Helpful tips for making spice and storing seasoning blends
- Check those expiration dates; toss out the old seasonings and buy them fresh. When making a spice blend be sure to use fresh spices. While many dry spices have a very long shelf life, they don’t last forever.
- Buy some of your favorite spices to make large batches of multiple blends. Seasoning blends make great gifts.
- Make sure to get your spices from a reputable source. Avoid bulk spice bins if possible. Try to get prepackaged whenever possible.
- Store spices in an airtight jar with a secure lid (affil link) with proper labeling. The name of the spice and the date it was made is sufficient.
- Spices have a longer shelf life if stored in a dark cool place. This recipe can be stored in the pantry away from heat.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
All-Purpose Seasoning Blend
- 4 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- To make this blend, add all of the spices to a grinder and pulse until the salt granules are fully ground. Store in an airtight jar with a lid.