These chocolate chip pecan blondie brownies are chewy chocolate chip goodness with the most beautiful crackle top. Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
In case you didn’t already know it, blondies are basically brownies without the cocoa powder. They are can be made cakey or chewy. Any texture that you would prefer. I like my blondies like I like my brownies: gooey and chewy with a beautiful crackly top. That thin papery top layer breaking way to a dense moist center just makes me happy. And this recipe delivers every time.
Making blondie brownies
This is a one bowl recipe that requires little effort or patience. They bake in 35 minutes or so and you can eat them with little cooling time. To be honest, my daughter and I are the first ones to juggle hot bits in our mouths because we don’t want to wait at all! But give it at least 10 minutes before you cut into it (if you can).
Start by adding melted butter, sugar, salt, and eggs to a bowl. Mix well then add the chocolate chip and the pecans. Finish bu adding the flour.
Spread the batter over a parchment lined baking dish. I use 8×8 because I like my brownies thick and fudgy. You could use a 9×13 for thinner pieces. Adjust the time according to how firm you want them. Keeping the time the same will make them a little more firm. Either way would be delicious. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to pin, yum, and rate this recipe!
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c pecans more if you’d like
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl add the melted butter, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla, Beat until creamy and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Add the flour and blend fully.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the lined pan and bake for 35-40 minuted until a toothpick comes out clean.*