A rich, spicy versatile buffalo sauce that will stand up to any chicken wing or imaginative recipe you can throw at it.
This easy buffalo wing dipping sauce is the truth! It’s rich, spicy, and grabs hold of wings like it’s supposed to. I loathe weak thin buffalo sauce. Before trying to create my own recipe, I favored brands that were thick and creamy textured. The sauces with less depth just don’t cling to my wings the way I like. It might as well be spicy water. I’m just saying. So in recreating my own buffalo sauce, it was mandatory that it be of substance.
After quite a few trials and a ton of errors, I finally nailed it. What you have right here is a rich, spicy versatile buffalo sauce that will stand up to any chicken wing or imaginative recipe you can throw at it. I use a base hot sauce. My favorite, believe it or not, is Burman’s sold by Aldi’s. It has the right amount of saltiness and heat. All I add is a bit of spice to balance the additional vinegar.
Check back in a little while for my awesome Buffalo Chicken Bacon Blue Cheese Pizza recipe and how to make the Perfect Oven Baked Chicken Wings for dipping.
Don’t forget to Pin, Yum, and Rate this Recipe!
- 1 3/4 c hot sauce favorite brand
- 1/3 c seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne more or less as desired
- In a saucepan over medium melt butter followed by the flour and whisk well
- Pour in vinegar and water and whisk until smooth
- Add hot sauce and remaining spices and whisk until smooth
- The sauce should be a little glossy and slightly thick; allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally