Funfetti White Cake Cupcakes — fluffy soft white cake recipe with colorful sprinkles for a pop of fun. Perfect for birthdays and celebrations!
These Funfetti White Cake Cupcakes are so stinking cute. They are a party version of a moist white cake recipe. Funfetti cupcakes are great for celebrations like children’s birthday parties or to simply brighten someone’s day!
Funfetti white cake ingredients and equipment
Stand mixer with a balloon whisk attachment
2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup
How to make funfetti cupcakes
This recipe was developed using a Japanese sponge cake technique that I discovered on another recipe site. It produces a springy soft sponge that stays fresh for days.
The recipe starts by warming whole milk and adding melted butter, canola oil, and flavoring extracts. The flour, baking powder, and salt are whisked together and set aside.
Then, the egg whites and sugar are beaten on medium speed with a balloon whisk on a stand mixer until fluffy.
Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
Spoon about ½ cup of the batter into the milk mixture and whisk it in well. Slowly pour it all back into the batter running the mixer on low speed.
Finally, scrape the bowl and fold in the sprinkles. Line a 12-tin cupcake pan with liners and spoon the batter evenly. Bake the cupcakes for 17-20 minutes at 350°. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
White cake is very subtle in flavor so I’ve added almond flavoring to it and paired the cupcakes with an Almond Cream Cheese Buttercream. You may also like to try them with my Strawberry Cream Cheese Buttercream.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Funfetti White Cake Cupcakes
- 1 ⅓ c cake flour 160 grams
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 c white sugar
- 3 egg whites
- ½ c salted butter melted
- ⅔ c whole milk warmed
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ⅓ c sprinkles plus more for topping
- 1 recipe almond cream cheese buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Warm the whole milk for 2-3 minutes in the microwave but don’t boil it. To the warmed milk adding the melted butter, canola oil, almond, and vanilla extracts. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and sugar on medium speed with a balloon whisk in a stand mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Spoon about ½ cup of the batter into the milk mixture and whisk it well. Slowly pour the contents of the measuring cup into the batter running the mixer on low speed.
- Finally, scrape the bowl and fold in the sprinkles. Line a 12-tin cupcake pan with liners and spoon the batter evenly. Bake the cupcakes for 17-20 minutes. Cool thoroughly before frosting.