Smoky barbecue turkey burger sliders are perfect appetizers for game day. Saucy cheesy and exploding with flavor as party food should be!
I’m not ashamed to say that I’m not a sports fan. I am however a huge fan of game day party feasts. I will show up to the super bowl with a tray or two of barbecue turkey burger sliders in hand to get up in all the yum. This recipe is my daughter’s favorite as she does not like the taste or texture of beef burgers. Savory smoky tender turkey burgers covered in a rich barbecue sauce topped with mounds of cheese she can do.
You can customize the toppings for these sliders however you’d like. Because I make this for my daughter she likes to eat them California Pizza Kitchen style with red onion and cilantro with avocado on the side. But bacon, any type of pepper, or sliced scallions would be great on these burgers. You can even switch up the cheese. The options are limitless according to your taste.
Make Barbecue Turkey Burger Sliders
This really could not be an easier recipe. Basically you throw everything into a bowl and mix well.
You don’t have to shape the meat into patties; simply press it evenly into the bottom of a 8×11 Pyrex. That’s roughly the size of a 12 pack of sweet Hawaiian rolls. You can absolutely use make patties and cook them that way too.
Slice a whole loaf of Hawaiian buns lengthwise removing the top. Layer the cheese followed by the turkey burger, more barbecue sauce, and toppings.
Replace the bun top and brush with melted butter. Bake for another 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2/3 c dark barbecue sauce divided
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small jalapeño finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 12 slider buns
- 1 c monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 c red onion diced optional
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro leaves optional
- 1 avocado sliced optional
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- Blend together the ground turkey, onion, garlic, jalapeño, oil, 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce, paprika, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Press the mixture into an 8×11 baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until temperature reaches 165°.
- Slice a whole loaf of Hawaiian buns lengthwise removing the top. Layer the cheese followed by the turkey burger, the remaining barbecue sauce, and toppings. Replace the bun top and brush with melted butter. Bake for another 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.