This recipe is literally the best brioche french toast you will ever eat, I promise! And the best part, no syrup required!
French toast is such an easy morning recipe. A few ingredients and little preparation make it a perfect recipe even for kids to make. But this French toast recipe has a little something special. While still crazy easy, it’s got an added ingredient that gives it a built-in sweetness that eliminates the need for syrup!
My secret weapon: sweetened condensed milk. That’s right. Adding condensed milk to the eggs makes for the moistest toast with a sweet cinnamony crisp. I love this recipe.
I start by adding the cinnamon to the condensed milk so that it dissolves evenly into the eggs.
Next, I whisk it all together until the eggs take on the color of the cinnamon.
I follow by soak each piece of bread in the egg for about 5 or 6 seconds per side. Depending on the thickness of the bread you may have to soak it a little longer.
I like using the end pieces as well, which takes a little longer to soak. It may take a few extra steps but the reward is a bomb breakfast that everyone will devour!
Don’t forget to pin, yum, and rate this recipe!
- 1 loaf brioche about 16 slices including the end pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl add condensed milk and cinnamon stir until smooth; this keeps the cinnamon from clumping once added to the eggs
- In a wide shallow dish beat eggs, salt, and vanilla
- Whisk cinnamon mixture into eggs until yellow is no longer visible
- Place griddle over medium heat and add enough butter to coat the surface
- Put 2-4 slices of bread into the egg mixture for about 10-15 seconds on each side*
- Lay soaked bread onto hot griddle and cook through until golden brown on both sides, about 3 mins per side**
- Repeat until all of the bread has been cooked, serve with fresh fruit or any desired toppings!