These Southwest Egg-Free Breakfast Burritos are packed with potato, sausage, and cheese. A yummy choice for egg intolerant eaters on-the-go.
Everyone has a picky eater to contend with. Whether a toddler, teen, or finicky spouse, inevitably someone will add a challenge to planning meals. These Southwest Egg-Free Breakfast Burritos meet the match the challenge of the egg intolerant.
Egg-Free Breakfast Burrito ingredients
Peppers and onion
Monterey Jack cheese
You can switch up the types of breakfast meats, veggies, and cheese. Even the style of potato is up to your liking. This recipe received a bit of an overhaul to include Homemade Home Fries and black beans. I also added jalapeño to the peppers and onion for a southwestern Tex-Mex taste.
How to make Southwest Breakfast Burritos
Start by frying refrigerated home fries style potatoes according to the package direction or give my homemade version a try. Season them to taste then set them aside.
Brown the ground sausage crumble hen add the ham, onions, peppers, and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes to soften the veggies then toss in the black beans, cumin, and garlic powder. Remove from the heat.
Assemble by diving the sausage mixture, potato, and cheese evenly between each to rolls shell and roll them into a closed flute.
HOW TO ADD EGGS to burritos
You can definitely add eggs to this recipe. One scrambled egg for every 2 burritos; a total of 4 eggs for this recipe. Scramble the eggs in a separate pan then divide them evenly between the burritos.
Tips for freezing and reheating breakfast burritos
- To store in the freezer, wrap each burrito individually in parchment or wax paper then cover each with aluminum foil. Place them in a freezer storage bag and freeze until needed. They will keep in the freezer for a couple of weeks.
- To reheat, place 1-2 burritos in the microwave still in the parchment paper for 1 minute before flipping for another minute and 30 seconds. If it needs more time, add 5-10 second increments until fully heated.
Try more egg-free breakfast recipes
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
***This recipe was originally posted on 1/21/2019 and was updated on 6/18/2020 for improved content.***
Southwest Egg-Free Breakfast Burritos
- 8 burrito sized tortilla shells
- 20 oz refrigerated diced potatoes fried according to package directions
- 8 oz pork sausage ground
- 3 oz Canadian bacon
- 1 c canned black beans rinsed and dried
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ c yellow onion diced
- ½ jalapeño diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin divided
- Salt to taste
- Start by frying refrigerated home fries style potatoes according to the package direction or give my homemade version a try. Season them to taste then set them aside.
- Brown the ground sausage crumble then add the ham, onions, peppers, and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes to soften the veggies then toss in the black beans, cumin, and garlic powder. Remove from the heat.
- Assemble by diving the sausage mixture, potatoes, and cheese evenly between each to shell and roll them into a closed flute.