Garlic Parmesan Wings—crispy garlic butter wings coated in seasoned parmesan cheese. The best game-day wings ever!
Garlic Parmesan Wings have become increasingly popular in recent days. With its popularity, there’s also been a varied range of preparations from copycat recipes. Of the ones that I’ve tried, the dry parmesan coating is the best. An undercoating of garlic butter and a generous dusting of seasoned parmesan cheese make the absolute best party wings.
What you need to make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Chicken wings sections
Oil for frying
This recipe required three steps prior to cooking the wings. First, you will need to brine the chicken to season it through. Next, you will need to make the garlic butter. Finally, you will need to make a batch of seasoned parmesan. Once the wings are cooked, you will coat them in the mixes before serving.
How to season naked chicken wings with a dry brine
Naked wings are bland and don’t take on the flavor of the coating as well compared to when they are brined. To prepare the wings I use a dry spice brine. The wings are marinated in a salt heavy spice mix for 3-6 hours. They are then rinsed before cooking.
How to fry naked wings
Heat a quart of oil to 375 degrees in a dutch oven. Fry the wings in batches for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and 165 degrees internally.
Then toss them into the garlic butter followed by the seasoned parmesan cheese.
Recipes to serve with Garlic Parmesan Wings
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 lb chicken wing sections
- 1 ½ tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves grated
- ½ c parmesan grated
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Canola oil
- Place the sections in a ziplock. Mix together the kosher salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Evenly spread the spice mix over the chicken. Close the bag and place it in the frigid for 3-6 hours. Remove the chicken and rinse thoroughly. Carefully pat the pieces with paper towels until fully dry.
Fry the Wings
- Heat a quart of oil to 375 degrees in a dutch oven. Fry the wings in batches for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and 165 degrees internally.
- Melt the butter with the garlic and olive oil in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the parmesan, garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
- Toss the wings in the garlic butter then in the parmesan mix as the batches come out of the oil. Plate the wings with celery sticks and carrots if desired. Serve with your choice of dips.