This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Thank you Argo Corn Starch for sponsoring this post. Celebrate sweet moments together with Argo!
Make this succulent Herb-Roasted Chicken with deliciously smooth Garlic Gravy for your next meal with close friends.
Herb Roasted Chicken with Roasted Garlic Gravy is the perfect entree for an intimate dinner with close friends to celebrate moments together. It’s the kind of homey comfort food that brings folk to the table. The tender herby chicken thighs are just so crisp and succulent and the garlic gravy is smooth, rich, and full of flavor.
Hosting with precautions
Choosing to share special moments with friends requires prudence in preparation and execution. Having in mind varied dietary needs, selecting a menu can the tricky. This recipe is suitable for those with gluten sensitivity. In this recipe, I use Argo Corn Starch since it’s gluten-free. Making gravy with Argo Corn Starch ensures the gluten-intolerant can enjoy the deliciousness with everyone else.
What you need to make herb-roasted chicken with garlic gravy
Chicken thighs– This recipe will work with any part of the chicken. A whole chicken would work as well.
Dried herbs– A blend of dried thyme, rosemary, parsley, and basil
Argo Corn Starch
Argo Corn Starch for the smoothest gravies
Lumpy gravy is the worst and many gravy recipes fail because of clumpy flour bits. You can replace flour for Argo Corn Starch in any gravy recipe. I’ve been using Argo Corn Starch for years to make gravy and thicken sauces. It’s my go-to ingredient for smooth, lump-free gluten-free gravies. And it is the best ingredient to thicken clear sauces without making it cloudy or leaving an aftertaste.
Juicy herb roasted chicken thighs
To make the juiciest herb-roasted chicken, start by blending the salt, black pepper, dried herbs, butter, and olive oil. Rub the seasoning onto the skin and place the chicken in a roasting pan.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roast the chicken uncovered for 45 minutes. The internal temperature will read 165 degrees and the juices will be clear when done.
Make a slurry by whisking the Argo Corn Starch with 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, set it aside.
To a saucepan over low heat, add the butter to melt slowly. Follow with the garlic and allow it to heat slowly in the fat until fragrant then stir in the poultry seasoning powder. Stir frequently to avoid scorching. Pour in the remaining chicken stock, milk, and slurry.
Turn up the heat to medium and whisk briskly to blend. When the gravy thickens, turn off the heat and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
How to serve herb-roasted chicken and garlic gravy
More special moments recipes
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Herb-Roasted Chicken with Garlic Gravy
- 3 lb chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Carrot celery, and garlic cloves to garnish
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 garlic cloves grated* see notes
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp Argo Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Blend the salt, black pepper, dried herbs, butter, and olive oil. Rub the chicken with the seasoning and place it in a roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken uncovered for 40-45 minutes. The internal temperature will read 165 degrees and the juices will be clear when done.
- Mix the Argo Corn Starch with 1/4 c of chicken stock to make a slurry. To a saucepan over low heat, add the butter to melt slowly. Follow with the garlic and allow it to heat slowly in the fat until fragrant then stir in the poultry seasoning powder. Pour in the remaining chicken stock, milk, and slurry.
- Turn up the heat to medium and whisk briskly to blend. When the gravy thickens, turn off the heat and season to taste with salt and white pepper to taste. Serve alongside the chicken thighs.