Ridiculously easy sriracha sweet chili chicken stir fry. Chunks of chicken and broccoli florets simmered with delicious sweet and spicy sauce.
When I say ridiculously easy I mean just that. It’s perfect for weeknight meals as it takes minutes to prepare. It’s a sticky sweet mildly spicy chicken stir that the entire family will love. I like to serve it with plain white rice.
Sriracha Sweet Chili Chicken Ingredients
This recipe has three essential ingredients—chicken, broccoli, and sweet chili sauce.
Chicken- The chicken breast is seasoned with salt and white pepper before being dredged in four and cornstarch.
Broccoli- Frozen broccoli is everything. It’s a total time saver. I defrost it then pat it try before adding it to the wok. Otherwise, you will need to blanch the florets before using them.
Sweet chili sauce- I personally use my homemade version for this recipe. You can absolutely use store-bought but to get the sriracha flavor and heat I highly recommend trying my recipe. And don’t worry, I’ve got recipes to use any leftover sauce.
Easy Recipes Using Sweet Chili Sauce
This recipe is the basis for this recipe and a few more on the blog. After you’ve tried this wonderful stir fry, give one of these a try!
Buttermilk Bang Bang Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
How to Make Sriracha Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry
Start by seasoning the chicken with salt and white pepper. Then blend the flour and cornstarch together to coat the chicken pieces. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown.
Drain the oil and immediately add the defrosted steamed broccoli to the wok. Toss the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown slightly then add back the cooked chicken followed by the sweet chili sauce. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the sauce. Serve over rice.
Do You Need a Wok to Stir Fry?
No, you do not need a wok to make a stir fry. You need a large pan that will evenly heat your ingredients. Check out this tutorial from The Daily Meal on how to stir fry without a wok. CLICK HERE
Sriracha Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into chunks
- 4 c steamed broccoli florets I used frozen
- 1 c sriracha sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and white pepper. Coat the pieces with the blended cornstarch and flour. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Fry the chicken in batches over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain the oil and immediately add the steamed broccoli to the wok. Toss the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown slightly then add the cooked chicken followed by the sweet chili sauce. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the sauce. Serve over rice.