Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry—flash-fried chicken breast tossed with broccoli florets in sriracha sweet chili sauce.
This Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry recipe has three essential ingredients—chicken, broccoli, and sweet chili sauce. The dish is sticky sweet, mildly spicy, and super easy to make. When I say it’s ridiculously easy I mean just that. It is a quick weeknight meal as it takes minutes to prepare. The entire family will love this stir fry. Serve it with plain white rice and Baked Chicken Eggs.
Sweet chili chicken ingredients
Sweet chili sauce- I use my homemade Sriracha Sweet Chili Sauce for this recipe but you can absolutely use store-bought sweet chili sauce.
Tips for an even quicker stir fry
- Use precooked chicken. Save even more time and use precooked breaded chicken chunks or ready to eat grilled chicken. Defrost them before using.
- Use frozen broccoli. Frozen broccoli is a total time saver. I defrost it then pat it try before adding it to the wok. Otherwise, you could blanch fresh florets before using them.
How to Make Sriracha Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry
Start by seasoning the chicken with salt and white pepper. Then blend the flour and cornstarch together to coat the chicken pieces. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown.
Drain the oil and immediately add the broccoli to the wok. Toss the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown slightly then add the cooked chicken.
Pour in the sweet chili sauce. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes before removing it from the heat.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Sweet Chili Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into chunks
- 4 c steamed broccoli florets I used frozen
- 1 c sriracha sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ c canola oil
- ¼ c all-purpose flour
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and white pepper. Coat the pieces with the blended cornstarch and flour. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Fry the chicken in batches over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain the oil and immediately add the steamed broccoli to the wok. Toss the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown slightly then add the cooked chicken followed by the sweet chili sauce. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes to heat the sauce. Serve over rice.