This super easy seasoned white rice side dish packs loads of flavor with pantry ingredients. You can make it on the stove top or microwave.
One of the most frequently used pantry ingredient in my kitchen is stock base. Stock bases are my favorite because it’s concentrated flavor in small doses. A teaspoon or two of a really good base can intensify the flavor of an entire recipe without adding additional seasonings. Hence this wonderful 3 ingredient recipe. It’s literally rice, oil, and vegetable base. I make this recipe with chicken base sometimes as well so feel free to switch it up.
How to prepare the rice
Start by adding rice to a heated pan with melted butter, olive oil, and bouillon cube. Mix all of the ingredients together to coat the rice like you would for pilaf. Add water and simmer according to the rice packaging.
Salt and pepper to taste if desired and sprinkle with a little dried parsley for some color.
More delicious rice recipes!!
- 1 c long grain rice like jasmine
- 1 3/4 c water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cube vegetable or chicken bouillon
- salt+pepper to taste
- parsley flakes optional
- Over medium heat, add butter, oil, and bouillon cube to a skillet or pan. Whisk to dissolve the cube then add the rice. Coat the rice with the oil mixture and add the water.
- Bring to a bubbly boil then drop the heat to low. Allow the rice to absorb the water according to your rice package directions. You may use quick-cooking or standard rice.
- Fluff the rice and season with a dash of salt and pepper if desired. Dried parsley flakes add a nice pop of color.