A refreshing Asian inspired salad with a slightly sweet sesame ginger dressing, the perfect accompaniment to any spicy dish or as a stand-alone side dish.
Many of you may know that I have started a personal weight loss journey for 2018 that I’m calling my #fitforforty challenge over on Instagram. I set out to create healthy recipes that not only aided in my goals but also ones that my family would love. This here Asian salad does the trick!
It’s simplistic and easy but it’s full of flavor. The dressing is simply drinkable. (What is it with me wanting to drink salad dressing? LOL) I served it as a side salad with some Bang Bang Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. The family raved!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN, YUM, AND RATE THIS RECIPE!
- 4 c red cabbage shredded
- 1 large red pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 c carrots finely shredded
- 3 whole scallions sliced thinly
- 5 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger finely minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- sesame seeds optional
- salt to taste
- Place cabbage, red peppers, carrots, and scallions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl or blender. (I use my Bullet since I used fresh ginger root.)
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve at room temp.