Asian-Inspired Beef Bowl
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
An incredibly easy Asian-Inspired Beef Bowl recipe. Seasoned with plenty of ginger and garlic topped off with cilantro for freshness.
Though not a traditional Asian dish, this inspired beef bowl is a nod to Asian stir fry recipes. It starts off with the aromatic trinity of Asian cuisine with the added touch of grated pear for sweetness. The savory depth of flavor comes from one my favorite pantry items—fish sauce. Combined, these ingredients create yum on top of yum!
Asian inspired beef bowl ingredients
Ground beef– Lean beef up to 80/20 works well.
Asian trinity– Garlic, ginger, and scallion (primarily the white part) make up the base aromatic in Asian cooking. This helps to give it an authentic taste.
Pear or apple– Finley grated fruit adds a little sweet to the recipe.
Fish sauce– Fish sauce brings the umami in recipes.
Soy sauce– I use the low sodium version so my measurement is based on that. Start out with half the suggested amount if using regular sodium soy sauce.
Beef bouillon– Beef base enhances the flavor of the meat.
Large skillet or wok
How to make Asian Beef Bowls
Place a skillet over a medium fire with the sesame oil. Add the ginger, garlic, and whites from the sliced scallion. Cook until the onion has softened.
Then add the pear and ground beef. Follow with the sugar, fish sauce, and bouillon cube mixing it well. Brown the meat until crispy, season with soy sauce as needed.
Lower the heat and toss on the carrots and scallion greens stirring it well. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in the cilantro.
How to serve asian inspired beef bowls
Plate the stir fry over a bed of white rice and Steamed Garlic Green Beans for the perfect Asian Beef Bowl!
More Asian-Inspired recipes to try!
Baked Chicken Egg Rolls
Smoky Pork Dumplings
Easy Shrimp Lo Mein
Honey Ginger Sesame Chicken
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
You can also follow me on Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook for recipes not featured on this site!
***This recipe was updated for content and correction on 6/1/2020. It was originally posted on 11/29/2018.***
Asian-Inspired Beef Bowls
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 small pear peeled and grated
- 4 sliced scallions whites and greens separated
- 1/2 c shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp garlic grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cubes crushed
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 c white rice cooked
- Place a skillet over a medium fire with the sesame oil. Add the ginger, garlic, and whites from the sliced scallion. Cook them until the onion is softened.
- Then add the pear and ground beef. Follow with the sugar, fish sauce, and bouillon cube mixing it well. Brown the meat until crispy, season with soy sauce as needed. Lower the heat and toss on the carrots and scallion greens stirring it well. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in the cilantro. Serve with cooked white rice.
That looks bomb!