An incredibly easy super delicious Asian beef bowl recipe packed with so much flavor, you will definitely keep this one in constant rotation.
This is hands down the easiest most flavor-packed recipe you will find for Asian beef bowls. The marinade has fresh fruit and vegetables with potent flavors. Using veal makes it extra moist and tender; not too chewy or fatty. It’s so good yet so simple.
To give depth to the dish and to give it that distinct Asian flare, I add two of my favorite pantry ingredients: fish sauce and beef base. Beef base enhances the beefy flavor while the fish sauce adds saltiness and a hint of umami without a fishy taste.
To prepare, simply add the ingredients to a skillet and stir with consistently until the liquids evaporate and a nice brown crust happens. Top it with fresh cilantro, (do not forget the cilantro) and green onion. And voila, dinner is served!
I like to serve it over white rice topped with sriracha and a side of steamed garlic green beans. Delicious!
Please don’t forget to Pin, Yum, and Rate this Recipe!
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef (I use veal)
- 1 small apple peel, corded, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 in piece ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp beef base concentrate or 1/4 c beef stock
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a food processor puree the apple, onion, ginger, garlic, and honey and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat then add the beef. Break up the meat a bit and pour the apple-onion puree over it. Mix well and allow to cook and slightly brown. Next, add the fish sauce, soy sauce, beef base, and white pepper.
- Continue to cook thoroughly until the liquid is absorbed and the meat begins to crisp at the edges of the pan. Remove from the heat and top with scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately over white rice.