Cheddar Drop Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Cheddar Drop Biscuits —cheesy, garlicky, buttery one bowl biscuits. These biscuits are easy to make and easier to devour.
These Cheddar Drop Biscuits are so simple and delicious. No kneading. No rolling. You don’t even have to worry about being meticulous with measuring. One bowl to mix the dough then you literally just drop scoops on to a baking sheet. They bake quickly and taste amazing.
Recipe to serve with cheddar drop biscuits
Perfect for any menu from brunch to dinner. These biscuits are excellent with Cheesy Scrambled Eggs, a delicious Collard Greens and Feta Omelet, or a Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole.
What you need to make Cheddar Drop Biscuits
Mild cheddar or sharp
Baking powder and baking soda
The difference between traditional biscuits and drop biscuits is drop biscuits don’t have the same flaky layers as traditional biscuits. They have a more crumbly texture. This drop biscuit recipe has a delicious cheesy butter garlic flavor. You can reduce or eliminate the garlic altogether if you wish.
How to make cheesy drop biscuits
To start you will add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic if using, salt, and parsley flakes to a mixing bowl and whisk.
Cut the butter into the flour and toss in the cheese.
Next, add the milk and stir using a regular dinner fork until combined.
Drop spoonfuls of dough on a lightly sprayed or buttered baking sheet and brush with more garlic butter if desired.
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
More quick bread recipes you will love!
Olive Oil Banana Bread
Banana Pecan Coffee Cake Muffins
Golden Sweet Cornbread
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
You can also follow me on Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook for recipes not featured on this site!
*This recipe was updated on 8/30/2020 for a revised recipe and improved content. It was first posted on 9/10/2019.*
Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c mild cheddar or sharp
- 1 1/2 c whole milk
- 1/2 c salted butter cubed
- 1/4 c salted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- Start by whisking flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes to a mixing bowl. Cut the butter cubes into the flour using a pastry cutter or forks. Toss the mixture with the cheese.
- Next, add the milk and stir using a regular dinner fork until combined.
- Drop spoonful of batter on a lightly sprayed or buttered baking sheet. Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic powder with the melted butter. Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter as desired. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.