This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Make tender flaky Salmon and vegetables in convenient individual foil packets. A healthy weeknight meal is under 20-minutes.
This simplistic Foil Packet Salmon recipe is a healthier quick and easy weeknight meal option. Choose a vegetable and a quick sauce to flavor the fish and wrap it all in a neat little aluminum foil packet. Wether prepared in the oven or the air fryer, this meal is done in under 20 minutes.
Benefits of foil packet meals
There are three primary benefits plus one bonus benefit for making foil packet meals. The first is easy clean up. Simply serve individual portions right from the foil. Toss out the foil afterward. The second is faster cooking time. Instead of fooling with multiple pots with different cook times, this method combines everything into one place at the same time.
The third is that it’s more healthful. Not only do you have control of the portions, but you can also control what you season it with. Different dietary needs no longer an issue. And the bonus reason is the ability to flavor to taste. You can choose whatever sauce, spice, or glaze that you want or don’t want. It’s a picky eater’s playground.
Ingredients and equipment
Defrosted vegetable of choice– I’m using green beans but any quick-cooking frozen vegetable could work. If you prefer fresh veggies you will need to blanch them first.
Seasoning sauce– See sauce options section below.
Low sodium soy sauce
Red pepper flakes
Aluminum foil, 12″ x 11″ foil sheets
Baking sheet, optional for the oven
Air fryer, optional
Like I mentioned above, you have the choice to flavor your salmon the way you like it. For this recipe, I’m using a sweet sesame soy sauce. The ratio is enough to flavor each portion of fish with a couple of tablespoons of sauce. Once you’ve tried the sesame soy sauce in the recipe, you may want to play around with other options like Lemon Butter Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce, or even an Herb Butter Compound.
Spray the salmon and green beans with cooking spray and season with salt.
Spread out 4 12″ x 11″ foil sheets on a baking sheet. Divide and center the green beans between the foil sheets. Place a salmon fillet on top of the green beans.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients and pour it evenly over each fillet.
Seal the foil around the fish like an envelope.
Line the packets on a baking sheet. Bake for 14-18 minutes in a preheated 425-degree oven.
Air fryer option
Place the tightly wrapped packets into the air fryer. Be sure that there are no loose pieces of foil that could get caught in the air fryer fans. Turn the unit on the 390-degrees or use the fish steering on some models. Set the time for 12 minutes.
Salmon serving suggestions
You can serve individual packets right on the plate with a side of Seasoned White Rice or Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. You can also serve the salmon and vegetables over a bed of white rice in an elegant display. Either way, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are serving your family something healthy and delicious with very little effort.
More healthy weeknight recipes
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE RECIPE. SUGGESTIONS AND HONEST OPINIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED. LEAVE A REVIEW IN THE COMMENTS, RATE THE RECIPE, AND SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Foil Packet Salmon
- 1 lb salmon 4-4 oz fillets
- 4 c green beans defrosted or vegetable of choice
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds plus more to garnish
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Kosher salt
- Canola oil spray
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, canola oil, sesame seeds, garlic, and ginger powder, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Spread out 4 12″ x 11″ foil sheets on a baking sheet. Spray the fillets and green beans with cooking spray and season to taste with salt. Divide and center the cut green beans between the foil sheet. Place a salmon fillet on top of the green beans.
- Pour the sauce onto each piece of fish and seal the foil tightly.
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees. Line the packets on a baking sheet. Bake for 14-18 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the packets to cool for 5 minutes before opening.
Air fryer option
- Place the tightly wrapped packets into the air fryer. Turn the unit on the 390-degrees or use the fish steering on some models. Set the time for 12 minutes. Rest for about 5 minutes before opening the packets.